September 30, 2013
Adjustments and Transitions
1. What are two things about college that are better that high school?
Ø Having breaks
Ø Selecting the classes you desire.
2. What are two things that cause frustration or challenges in the transition to college education? Why?
Ø Exams, because every instructor has a certain way of teaching and sometimes that throws you off if you don’t know the important notes that you should study.
Ø Missing class, it also throws you off, because you miss the lectures and important info that the instructor went over.
3. Who is your biggest source of support for your college studies and goals? How does he/she help you?
Ø Kylie Butte is the biggest source of support for my college studies and goals because she is always there to help me when I need an advise or help. She goes through all the options that you might have and she tells what might be best for you.
4. If you could change one thing about Ohio State, what would you change to improve it?
Ø One thing I could change about Ohio State if I could would be the amount of fees we pay. I feel like even though we have to pay for the fees and we have financial aid opportunity it is still hard to meet the payment deadlines.
5. End this journal with a specific adjustment you think you can make that will help you in college in the future. What change or adjustments might help you improve your habits or performance?
Ø A change that I can make that will help you in college in the future, would be make friends so later on when it is exam week you can ask he/she to be your study buddy. By doing this it could really help me become better at studying and even do well on my exams.